Master in a year
The one-year Master of Animation of AKV|St.Joost helps you, as a practicing professional or bachelor graduate, to deepen your knowledge of animation. In the programme you work with clients and research the role of animation in different contexts.
During the programme you develop your own professional practice. Together with your peers coming from backgrounds in media, art, design, games and science you learn about the role and profession of animation within these different contexts. These areas show a growing demand for specialisms in technique, knowledge and innovation. You will be able to specialise individually. Based on a clear insight into your own ambitions, possibilities and talent.
- You professionalise your design skills
- You gain research skills on the practice and theory
- You enhance your knowledge of new technologies
- You explore other roles attitudes, such as the role of curator, initiator and organizer
- You learn to give and receive feedback
- You develop your personal entrepreneurship
- You build a national and international network
The Master of Animation is part of an international network. You collaborate directly with professional practices and educational institutes in the Netherlands and abroad. Students come from different backgrounds, disciplines and countries.
Aim of the Master of Animation
The aim of the Master of Animation is to raise the level and quality of knowledge about animation in the Netherlands and, through its graduates, to stimulate the international growth sector of the creative audiovisual industry.